Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scented DMC Floss - Who Knew???

Earlier this year I participated in the Christmas in July exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging Blog and Lynn B. sent to me. Lynn had included in the package some "Secret Perfume" DMC floss! The package says "stitch and release the scent"...mmm I was quite fascinated with this! I had never heard nor seen this before. I mentioned to Lynn that I would like to try some again and....some more showed up in my mail last night! The scents Lynn sent were orange, lemon and toffee.

Thanks so much Lynn..you are such a sweetheart! I can't wait to give these a try too!



In other news....we now have some snow on the ground and a fair amount of it too! I can't remember how much we have gotten so far but we are to keep getting some throughout the day. Here is a pic of our wooded area in back of our home. This picture is taken from our windows in our living room. Its such a gorgeous view. I love that I can sit in my stitching chair and stitch away and look at this, which I think that is what I am going to do today after I do some cleaning.



Happy stitching!

Hugs,
Wendy Jo

4 comments:

Carol R said...

I was gifted some strawberry floss but before I could use it Megan fell in love with it so I gave it to her (that's what nan's do LOL). I look forward to hearing about your scented threads!

Beautiful view from your windows! All I can see is horrid grey skies and rain!

Lynn B said...

Hi Wendy,

I am so glad you have finally received them, I sent them nearly two weeks ago so I was getting a bit worried! I made a note in my diary when you said you liked them, I think it is always nice to receive something you are not expecting.
I too received a surprise in the post today, it was a tatting shuttle and some thread from a blogger who saw that I liked the idea of learning tatting, I was so thrilled. I actually thought it was an exchange, so it was a nice bonus!
Enjoy your smelly threads!

Unknown said...

Whatever next how exciting is that! Enjoy the scented threads.

I just LOVE your view, happy stitching!

Cathy B said...

I had not heard of scented floss either - interesting!

We have lots of snow in Minnesota too!