Monday, December 28, 2009

Gifts and Stitching

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Rex and I spent part of Christmas Day with my mom and I managed to do a little stitching as well. I worked a bit on Carol's quaker round robin.

First up is some stitching I completed. One thing I made into a pinkeep and the other I just stitched and haven't finished as of yet. Both are designs by Heart in Hand. I just love these cute little snowmen!

I also stitched up a Christmas ornament. The design is by Helga Mandl.





Now the gifts.....every year I always send my friend Lynne (no blog) in California something stitched by Lizzie Kate as Lizzie Kate is her favorite designer as well. So..this is a design that is featured in her latest Tiny Tidings leaflet. I think it turned out pretty good. Lynne also loves flavored coffee, like I do, so I sent her a package of that too.



Lynne doesn't have alot of time for stitching right now as she is a very busy mom and works full time so this year she sent me a gift subscription to any magazine of my choice so I choose the magazine All You. I have been picking it up at the store alot lately and really like it so thought a subscription would be nice. She also sent some lovely kitchen towels, which I love, and some peppermint bark too!



Next up is what I sent to Carol for her birthday. I wasn't able to take a pic of the birthday gift myself as the store packaged her gift for me. So if you copy and paste this link and it will take you to a pic of what I sent. http://www.ibloom.com/ItemNumber/400847_LittleHugsPlaque.aspx

Its an Isabel Bloom. They are very popular here in eastern Iowa as the company is based in Davenport, Iowa. Its very unique and wanted to send Carol something special this year. I have sevearl Isabel Blooms and just really love them.

I also sent Carol something for Christmas and chose a Blackbird Designs pattern from JCS ornament issue from last year. This was my first attempt at a stocking and I am really happy that it turned out so well. It really wasn't hard at all to do. So I see many more of these in my future! LOLOLOL I also sent a quaker coaster that I know she would also love and its in her favorite color --- BLUE!





Well, I think that about does it for today. I have stitch group here tomorrow so I need to be thinking of a dessert to serve, nothing sounds good right now and do some housecleaning.

I hope everyone has a great week and if I don't check back in..have a safe and happy new year!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy stitching,
Wendy Jo

10 comments:

Cathy B said...

Hi Wendy - beautiful stitching!

Have fun with your stitching group tomorrow!

Merry Christmas!

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Hello,

your little snowmen ornaments are very cute and the little christmas-sock is nice.

Greetings
Anja

staci said...

What sweet Christmas finishes Wendy! The gifts you sent out are especially lovely and I'm sure they'll be treasured!

Daffycat said...

What beautiful stitching, Wendy! It looks like you have been so busy!

Irmeli said...

Wendy, your all finishes are lovely. I like especially those little snowmen,they look so joyful. Happy New Year to you!

Carol R said...

Thank you WendyJo for my lovely gifts - the stocking is amazing - are you sure it's a 'first-time finish'? :-)

Happy New Year to you my dear friend and please ask Rex to fix your msn as I miss our chats!

Brigitte said...

Very nice Christmas stitching. All these pieces are so lovely. And what a nice package you assembled for Carol. That stocking is a dream and I can understand that you are hooked now, lol.

Anonymous said...

I love love love the NOEL ornament!!!

Sonda said...

Those are all very cute! I love the HIH snowmen! Happy New Year!

bathroom lights said...

You are so talented!