Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Patriotic Package and A Patriotic Finish

I received a box from Deb this afternoon and I had a feeling it probably was my patriotic exchange from the Friends through Friends exchange as I was expecting it any day now.

Boy when I opened the box everything was wrapped up so nice with red, white and blue ribbon (forgot to take a pic of that). Inside the box was a beautifully stitched fob and matching floss tag. Deb stitched me the same design I stitched for Jill (Littlehouse Needleworks' Liberty and Justice) and, obviously, I love it! She stitched both over 1 on 32 ct. lambswool and used the recommended DMC floss. Deb sent a pair of scissors and added thread drops to the floss tag and the drops have stars on them which is so cute.

Also in the package was a pincushion Deb made, very cute, some jelly belly candy in cherry, blueberry and buttered popcorn, yum, and last..but not least a charm pack of Moda fabric called Zippity Do Da! LOVE IT!

So thanks very much Deb for a wonderful package. I will enjoy it all alot!

Here are some pics:




I didn't get around to posting what I was going to start stitching when I finished up my Christmas in July for my HoE exchange but here it is finished. It's Lizzie Kate's Sweet Liberty. It was a limited edition kit from last year's market I believe. I will probably get it framed at some point.


I plan to stitch some more patriotic things this month but I also have a couple of gifts that I will need to start working on that need to get out later this month and an exchange for the All Seasons Ornament Exchange blog that needs to be out the middle of the August.

Well, I wish all my USA friends a wonderful 4th of July and all my overseas friends a wonderful rest of the week and weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Wendy Jo

2 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

WOW Wendy Jo did you ever get a great package from Deb. Use it in good health. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Ronel said...

WOW! What a treat from Deb! Just love the little fob and tag! {hugs} Ronel