Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Christmas Package and A Swap!

My dear friend Carol had sent me a Christmas package at Christmas time and after several weeks of it not arriving and figuring it got lost in the mail system she restitched the Christmas cracker for me and it arrived yesterday. I absolutely love it! Carol's stitching is outstanding! I already have a few of her "treasures" and am so happy to add this one to the collection! Now, Carol didn't stop there..she added a lovely pair of scissors with an adorable Swaroski crystal fob she made. Some lovely red gingham ribbon, 32 ct fabric, sewing fabric, pins, trim and all in an adorable box!

Thanks so much Carol for the wonderful Christmas package!

Here are some pics:




Then if that wasn't enough I also received my swap from the Swap with Nina. Talk about a "wow" moment...I had that and then some! Anikó sent me quite a package. Anikó stitched me a gorgeous pinkeep with a scissor pocket with scissors, pincushion and scissor fob all on 32 ct. Murano evenweave fabric over 1 using DMC. I believe Anikó said it was a little piece from Blue Royal by AMAP. Everything coordinates so beautifully. The very middle of the pinkeep matches the button of the pincushion and matches one side of the scissor fob. The other side of the fob has my initial "W" (I have a pic below).

Anikó included a wonderful pair of scissors. I had seen these scissors on numerous blogs and had always said "I gotta get a pair of those.." well..now I have a pair!

Thank you so very much Anikó for a wonderful swap, I absolutely adore these wonderful treasures.




My swap went to Julcsi in Hungary. I checked out her blog to see her likes and dislikes and decided to stitch her a scissor fob in pastels since she likes pastel colors. I went with "Easter" by Trail Creek Farms. Julcsi e-mailed me that she received my fob and likes it very much.
Here is a pic:


A couple of days ago I mailed my P.I.F. to my friend Patti. So I am looking forward to her receiving that in the next week or so. Then I can share pics of that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend. I plan to spend as much of the weekend as I can stitching on my crazy exchange and Friends through Threads blackbird designs exchange.

On Sunday Rex and I are taking my mom out to a Sunday brunch. So we are looking forward to that. I love a great brunch!

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Wendy Jo

10 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

Wendy Jo, I have sat here with my mouth hanging like it's catching flies or something. First the Christmas things from Carol are amazing and her finishing is to die for and from now on I'll send her anything that needs hemstitching because I can't do it. Then the swap from Aniko. I love the pin keep and the scissor fob but I really really love the pin cushion - wonder how she made it. I NEED ONE just like that. Well not exactly but you know what I mean. You so deserve all of these things my friend. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! You got some fantastic goodies there!!!

Brigitte said...

Wendy-Jo, the stitched gifts you received are terrific, all of them so perfectly stitched andoh my, what a finishing. These ladies are really skilled. Enjoy everything.
Your little Easter fob looks adorable with those pastel colours. I just love it.

Carol R said...

So glad that this one arrived safely! Enjoy!
[[[Hugs]]]

Nina said...

Dear WendyJo,

I'm happy you joined my 1st SWAP, I hope I'll see you soon in my next one ;)

I'm also glad you lke these beautiful gifts, Anikó is a really fantastic stitcher :)

Happy Easter for you, sorry for being late with this.

Hugs,
Nina
from Hungary

staci said...

Such lovely treats! Enjoy!!!

Zsófi said...

There are beautiful gifts!
Hugs, Zsófi from Hungary(SWAP)

Ronel said...

WOW! Love all of these, they are just beautiful. Great exchange goodies you have received!

annaitto said...

Dear Wendy Jo! I'am very happy You like my surprise;) I make it all with love for You!
Anikó

Patti, do YOu like really one pincushion? e-mail me!
Anikó

Diana said...

Lovely exchange pieces!!