Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Couple of Birthday Gifts to Share

The mailman made me a very happy girl yesterday! LOL I received 2 birthday gifts from 2 dear friends. The first one was from my friend Lynne (no blog) in California. Remember when Leisure Arts had a pen pal section in their magazines? Well, that is how Lynne and I started our friendship and its still going on today, 20 years later! I haven't seen her in about 12 years but hope to get out that way in the next few years. Thank heaven's for e-mail though! Lynne sent some wonderful goodies. She's a stamping consultant and makes the best cards! I really treasure the cards and always display them, they make great decorations! She made a cute little box that had Hershey's chocolate and caramel in them. What a cute little pouch and talk about delish! She also made a cute cover for a small note book and sent some fat quarters which I will definitely put to great use. Thanks so much Lynne.

Cathy sent me a package that I also got yesterday! When I read her note and she said her mom is feeling better and that she has been tatting I just knew that I was going to be getting something tatted by her mom! I have a couple of tatted pieces from Cathy's mom and they are just gorgeous! The tatted piece was mounted on a ball jar lid! I love it! Cathy also included a cute little note pad from my purse. Thank you so much Cathy :)
On the stitching front, I am done with my red exchange so while I am still thinking of how to finish it, I have been talking a bit with my friend Irmeli in Finland. I was talking to her about all the stitching I want to do this year and that I have tried a rotation and it just didn't work for me. As I think why it may not have worked for me, I think it may have been because I might have chosen too many large projects or not "mixing" it up a bit. For example, maybe I should have added more smaller projects that could give me that instant gratification feeling. Irmeli said she use to be a "project at a time" stitcher like me but decided to give the crazy January challenge after participating in the challenge last year. So I have decided before Feb. 1st I will put 15 patterns, threads and fabric together for those 15 projects so when Feb. 1st rolls around I will be ready to go! Wish me luck! Well, I think that is all I have to share for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have some time to put some needle and thread to fabric! Happy Stitching Wendy Jo

0 comments: