Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Gifts

I have some wonderful gifts to share with you. Staci sent this earlier this week. Super cute socks (with a mesh bag to wash them in) and the chocolates "were" (notice the word were in quotes, the chocolate didn't last long) yummy! The tin is a collector's tin and I know I'll put it to great use. The socks are so comfy! I love the edging Staci put on them. Makes them extra "cutesy" :) Thanks Staci!

Today I received a present from Julie. Another sweet friend who knows me so well! She sent an adorable floss tag, awesome candle called "Hometown Days", it smells AWESOME!. Julie also sent this fabulous Liberty box, some fabric and a pretty 2012 "American" calendar which I needed! Julie, thank you so very much. All of my faves!
Then I had a package from Becky. Becky and I are birthday buddies on the Friends Through Friends blog. Becky spoiled me. She stitched a lovely pinkeep of a LHN design called Stars & Stripes, which happens to be a pattern I have in my stash to stitch this year. Not any longer! So so pretty! Becky also sent a beautiful needle threader. It is just so delicate and pretty! Becky also got me a gift certificate to spend at Little Stitches. I believe market is next month so I will use it then. Thank you so much Becky for a wonderful birthday package. You certainly made it very special.
For my birthday, we ordered a pizza and had some cake and I'm stitching while Rex went out to shovel. We may go out this weekend for a nice dinner and see "The Iron Lady" with Merle Streep. It looks really good. Generally I like drama and romantic comedies. Once in a while something will grab me like "The Iron Lady" and I love Merle Streep. She was on Ellen today and she told Ellen that she was paid $1 million dollars and donated it to American Women's History Museum. I thought that was really wonderful to hear! Tomorrow I'm getting together with my cousin, Jane, and we are going shopping and seeing an afternoon movie called The Descendants with George Clooney. Anyone seen it? My cousin, Jane, is a real movie buff, LOVES movies! All kinds. Yesterday the temp was in the 50's and today it was in the 20s and it SNOWED! We got around 5 inches. More snow is on the way over the next few days but just trace amounts. Now, it feels like winter! I am loving it now, but I am sure come the first of March, I'll be ready for spring and the warmer temps! On the stitching front, I have Carol's (no blog) Christmas gift stitched and will hopefully see her at stitch group on Tuesday and then I can show pics! I put down my L*K Snowman '10 that I was working on, as I was anxious to start on my red exchange. I am enjoying the piece and I think my partner will really love it! (Fingers crossed!) I'll pick up the L*K Snowman when I'm done with the red exchange piece. Well, thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find some time to put needle and thread to some fabric. Happy stitching, Wendy Jo Becky....I have tried to send you a personal e-mail and it has bounced back a couple of times, the last time I sent it, I do believe it went through, if not, please e-mail me. Thanks!!!

5 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Happy Birthday Wendy Jo. Cathy, Jill and I are retreating. We are all wishing you a Happy Birthday:)

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Wendyjo! Lovely gifts from your friends.

staci said...

Happy Birthday Wendy Jo! I'm so glad you like your socks and tin and chocolates :)

Love the gifts that Julie and Becky sent you...looks like they both know you awfully well!!!

Stay warm and enjoy your movies!

L.O. said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you received a lot of nice packages from your friends and had a great time celebrating. Have a great weekend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What wonderful gifts you've received from your friends!