Monday, April 19, 2010

A Roadtrip To Minneapolis and Met Up With 2 Friends

Our stitch group had so much fun last year when we took our 3 day roadtrip to Tulsa, Wichita, and Topeka that we thought we would do another roadtrip, but just an overnighter. This time we decided on Minneapolis and going to Stitchville USA. Plus some quilt shops and a really cool general store.

So on the road we were last Thursday at 8:00 a.m. and were at Stitchville USA by 2:00-2:30ish. I finally had the opportunity to meet Cathy and Joan. Both Cathy and Joan are absolutely wonderful gals. The 3 of us were in the "sale" room and talked for awhile and I think we could have spent the entire day in there gabbing away. They are just the best! I was so happy to have the chance to finally meet them. They had goodie bags for each of us filled with chocolates, a cute note pad and a hardanger scissor fob! I got Cathy and Joan each a tumbler that says "Stitch Happy" which they both liked as well.

My stitch group really enjoyed Stitchville and found plenty of treasures to bring home. I did a wee bit of damage and I came home with a new pair of Dovos! These were very much a NEED, they are Americana plus Dovos are my favorite kind of scissors plus they went perfect with the cute little hardanger scissor fob Cathy made for each of us!



Here is a pic of all of us.
Front: Angie, Carol, Beth, Jo K.
Back: Cathy, Wendy, Jo Barb, and Joan


Carol's daughter lives in the Minneapolis area and her family was joining us for dinner so since we had some time before meeting up with them we went over to The General Store.. What a GREAT place to go! Oh my word they have everything you can think of from footwear, kitchen items, candles, jewelry, clothing, toys, etc. They also have a nice little cafe.

That evening Carol's daughter and family joined us (as did Cathy and Joan) for dinner at Old Chicago. Afterwards, we gave hugs and said our goodbyes and shared how much fun we had together that day.

On Friday, we went to back to The General Store and then onto to 2 quilt shops. The first one was The Sampler. Which was a nice little shop in Chanhassen. I managed to find a couple of fat quarters. Then onto Eagle Creek Quilt Shop in Shakopee. This shop is wonderful! Its located in an old railroad depot! I managed to find a few fat quarters to add to my stash.

Then it was time to leave Minnesota and head back to Iowa.

It has become a tradition that we end our roadtrips with "calcium". That is our "code word" for ice cream. So when any of us say "where are we having calcium today?" Everyone knows it means ice cream! So we stopped in Iowa City at Cold Stone Creamery and had some.

Here is a pic of the stash I purchase on our trip.


I want to say to Cathy and Joan again, how much I enjoyed meeting them and how much fun Thursday was!

Now I am off to get some pics developed!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy stitching,
Wendy Jo

6 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Wendy Jo,

I had a great time and hope we can get together again in the future. It was fun to meet you and the other girls.

Thanks again for the fun time and mug.

Kay said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

Julie said...

Isn't Stitchville just the greatest?? I loved that shop when I visited it a couple of years ago. Sounds like you had a great time! Nice stashing!

Carol R said...

Sounds a fun trip but you kept the purchase of those gorgeous Dovos a secret - love love love them!

AnnMcD said...

Wow a store called "Stitchville" It's gotta be good!

staci said...

It looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time! You picked up some terrific souvenirs ;) I have a pair of those Americana Dovos too, love 'em!