Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stitching to Share!










Yesterday the weather was really nice here and I was in the mood to dig out my summer/Patriotic things so I thought I would share some pictures of things I have stitched over the years. As I was putting things out I was looking at when I stitched them and it got me thinking...how many of you put your initials and date of when you stitched a piece? I am not sure if I really remember why I got into the habit of doing that but I do on my personal pieces I stitch for myself. I guess its kind of neat to think back that that piece I have had for "x" number of years.

Anyway hope you enjoy seeing the pictures. These are displayed on my blanket box as you enter my home.

5 comments:

mercy said...

What fantastic finishes! I'm not big on patriotic designs but seeing these makes me want to stitch some :-) Thanks so much for sharing pictures...definitely enabling!

staci said...

Gorgeous finishes!!! Sometimes I stitch my name and date and sometimes I don't~~guess it depends on the project, or my mood, or the weather, or the position of the moon LOL!!!

Carol R said...

Great finishes Wendy!
I usually try to put date and initials on my projects - sometimes trying to 'hide' them in the pattern!

Einschies blog said...

This looks really great;-))) Like a little exhibition....I alsom like it to decorate the whole house with stitched pieces...

Gaby

lena-lou said...

I have come to your blog from Carol r :) Love your display of stitching, how wonderful ! Is your wallpaper Laura Ashley ? I just think I recognise it as one of theirs but I am in England so maybe not??